In 2017 the Conference undertook its first ever census which was designed to give a detailed ‘snapshot’ of privacy and data protection authorities across the globe.
The ICDPPC Census was designed to contribute to the aims of the Resolution on developing new metrics of data protection regulation which include to:
- develop internationally comparable metrics in relation to data protection and privacy; and
- support the efforts of other international partners to make progress in this area.
Census results and reports
Resources developed from the census will be available through this page as they become available
Release of census data for other research
The conference resolved to “support the efforts of other international partners to make progress in this area”. To give effect to this the ICDPPC Secretariat published a census policy that anticipates release of the information gathered to other networks of privacy and data protection authorities and approved researchers. Release is at the discretion of the ICDPPC Secretariat and may be subject to conditions.
Any network of privacy and data protection authorities, or researcher, wishing to have access to the information should email ExCoSecretariat@icdppc.org indicating:
- which network they are making the request on behalf or, in the case of a researcher, confirming that they are a bone fide researcher;
- what information is requested (the text of the survey form
- will give you an idea of what information the Secretariat holds);
- briefly, how this information will assist in your researches.