On this page you’ll find information on the current working groups, their conveners and current activities.
Data Protection Metrics Working Group (Update as on 24 August 2017)
A working group has been formed to achieve the aims of the Resolution on developing new metrics of data protection regulation which include to:.
- develop internationally comparable metrics in relation to data protection and privacy; and
- support the efforts of other international partners to make progress in this area.
An ICDPPC Census with the purpose of providing a comprehensive snapshot of data protection and privacy authorities in 2017 was been sent to all ICDPPC members. For more information read ICDPPC Census 2017 Notes. The text of the survey in PDF form is available here in English, Spanish and French. Results of the Census are published here
A small project has been undertaken to survey the statistical practices of selected authorities in relation to breach notification. The report of the results is available: Breach notification statistics survey report. The working group conveyor gave a presentation to an OECD expert workshop on this small project.
The working group is co-hosting a “Roundtable – Towards an International Metrics Agenda for Privacy-Policy Making” in Hong Kong on the margins of the 39th Conference. For more details see the announcement here.
Digital Education Working Group (Update as on 18.12.2017)
Convener: Pascale RAULIN-SERRIER, Digital Education, CNIL
The moderator of the International Working Group on Digital Education has reported at the 39th International Conference in Hong Kong on the work progress of the 2016-2017 activities [FR] achieved and outlined the 2017-2018 Action Plan Program which was endorsed by the assembled commissioners.
Focus on the Hong-Kong closed session: A fuller update as 30 September 2017 is available here
- Further explores benefits of ongoing experimentations such as having the data protection and privacy competency framework most easily incorporated in curricula.
- Considers the reported results on educational e-platforms (see the 2017 final Report on ePlatforms and online services in Education by the Canadian Office of the Privacy Commissioner) [FR] to undertake further research based on the needs identified in the survey and produce common recommendations in relation to such practices in the education field to be conducted by a specific Task Force. Any DPA wishing to join this working group may contact at email@example.com
- Updates CIRCABC online library with additional creative resources in Privacy education highlighted by the Global Privacy and Data Protection Awards in 2017, including a wide range of teaching, classwork as well as training modules targeted to teachers and education staff on digital privacy education. The DEWG will also consider the option for an alternate educational portal to target teachers’ community at large.
Future size and membership of Conference
Information available on the project page: Future Size and Membership of Conference.
Privacy and Humanitarian Action Working Group (Update as on 17 July 2017)
Convener: Catherine Lennman, Federal Data Protection Authority, Switzerland and Marine Revel, AFAPDP
A few highlights of the current activities of the working group:
- Participation in a workshop on data protection within international organisations on 11 May in Geneva;
- Co-operating with international humanitarian actors in developing guidance, particularly through the working series on Data Protection and Humanitarian Action co-led by the ICRC and the Brussels Privacy Hub. The handbook on data protection in humanitarian action is available here.
- The handbook will be presented at the 10th AFAPDP Conference on 4th September in Tunisia, 39th Conference on 27th September in Hong Kong and 35th Plenary of the Consultative Committee of the Convention for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data on 22-24 November in Strasbourg.