Entries submitted (as on 16.03.2017)
|B1: Procedures Manual: Dispute Resolution and Investigations (New Zealand)|
B1: Procedures Manual: Dispute Resolution and Investigations (New Zealand)
Entry by: Office of the Privacy Commissioner, New Zealand
Procedures Manual: Dispute Resolution and Investigations
In November 2016 the Office of the Privacy Commissioner adopted an internal Procedures Manual to guide staff work in dispute resolution and investigations. The objective is to help to:
- ensure that our work is lawful
- provide certainty and consistency in our administrative processes
- preserve institutional memory by recording the knowledge and experience accumulated over two decades
- reinforce and support investigations staff in exercising statutory discretion
Why the initiative deserves to be recognised by an award?*
The Procedures Manual represents a successful initiative to consolidate and document good practice while retaining flexibility. It has been produced in a form that is easy to use by staff and embeds reforms made in the administrative handling of cases.
* Non-competition entry: New Zealand has exempted itself from the competition as the ICDPPC Chair, who is judging the competition, is also the New Zealand Commissioner. This entry is for illustrative purposes only.
Complete entry available here.